I'm with 'crabby'

amp173
on 11/29/10 12:40 pm - Pleasant Gap, PA

Hello everyone!
Tomorrow we are heading to Hershey for my husband's gastric bypass on Wednesday morning.  Thank goodness!  He has had to be on a high protein liquid diet  for 7 days, tomorrow is just clear liquids. I totally get the crabbiness (love making up new words).  I, myself went through the same process over 2 years ago when I got my band.  I'll be in his shoes at the end of December when I have my band removed and 'converted' to a bypass.  I just hope we can get back to normal.  This just isn't us....

Thanks for listening.  I normally post regularly on FB but out of respect for TJ I haven't really shared anything w/ my friends, other than my sister-in-law and best friend.  He is more private and I'm all 'Lucy Goosey'.   It's really nice to have a forum to share/vent my worries and fears.

Fingers crossed!
Amy

Banded 8/1/08 ~ Band to RNY 12/29/10                 

dit657
on 11/29/10 8:56 pm - Boothwyn, PA
Best of luck to your hubby tomorrow and to you in December! The total liquid diets aren't easy - my surgeon required a 10-day one BUT I have to say it was well worth it as I not only lost 17 lbs in those 10 days but the surgeon said it made my surgery (and recovery) that much better.

You'll get back to normal - holidays are stressful enough without major surgeries going on, but try to keep in mind how much better you'll both be feeling when its all over.

Again, best of luck to you both - sending many prayers his way tomorrow for a safe surgery and quick recovery!

Kathy

'One shoe can change your life'...Cinderella
bvohl
on 11/29/10 10:34 pm
Good luck to you and your hubby! Liquid diets SUCK!! I only had to do a three day liquid diet, but it still made me miserable!! My poor husband had to put up with alot! I guess he loves me since he still comes home everyday! LOL!!

Let us know how things go....

Beth
http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wvHjqcu/">
http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wvHjqcu/weight.png">>

(deactivated member)
on 11/29/10 10:46 pm
Good luck to you and your husband.  You'll be in good hands here in Hershey....I loved it and they were all wonderful doctors.  Dr. Rogers is awesome and she knows her stuff. 
Maura M.
on 11/30/10 11:16 am - Yardley, PA
Wishing both of you the best of outcomes.  It will be wonderful for you both to go through this together and be able to support one another. 

Here's hoping the "crabby" subsides,

Maura
Maura

Pam Hart
on 11/30/10 12:17 pm - Easton, PA
Hang in there!
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
amp173
on 12/1/10 11:32 am - Pleasant Gap, PA
Thanks everyone!!  It was a long day but he's 'bypassed'! LOL  I know everything will get better.  This is a great opportunity for us to grow as a couple, and I'm really looking forward to changing together. 

Take Care!
Amy

Banded 8/1/08 ~ Band to RNY 12/29/10                 

IdaMae D.
on 12/1/10 6:29 pm - Philadelphia, PA
Hi Amy;
Glad to hear he is okay.  Going through this experience with my hubby has been an awesome experience that has brought us so much closer together as a couple. 
Ida

IdaMae

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1894 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1990 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2678 views